Yield: Approx 20
· 1 cup medjool dates
· 1/2 cup raw cashews (can use other nuts and/or seeds)
· 1/4 cup maca powder (optional – but excellent energy source)
· 2 tbsp cacao powder (plus extra for dusting/rolling or desiccated coconut)
· 1/4 cup cacao nibs
· 2 tbsp chia seeds or desiccated coconut (chia better a balancing blood sugar)
· 1-2 tbsp cold water or orange juice or lemon juice
1. In food processor, process cashews/seeds until a finely chopped sticky
2. Add in cacao powder/maca powder and mix until blended.
3. Add chopped dates, cacao nibs, chia seeds and 1-2 tbsp water and mix until a combined sticky mixture. Should form a doughy ball.
4. Form into little balls and dust with cacao powder or desiccated coconut to shape into smooth round balls. (Note: this is really messy - hence the extra cacao).